Showcase of Educational and Professional Products
Click on the numbers below for more details about each product.
To demonstrate mastery of the competencies below, I have linked to pages and posts on this and other websites. I give below a brief explanation how the linked resources demonstrate mastery.
ALA 1J: Effective communication techniques (oral and written)
- General/Soft Skills, specifically the list of articles under Communication Skills, demonstrates my writing ability.
ALA 2A: Concepts and issues related to the life cycle of recorded knowledge and information, from creation through various stages of use to disposition.
- Research Data Management Workshop shows my understanding of the research and data life cycles, which parallel the life cycle of information.
ALA 2B: Concepts, issues, and methods related to the acquisition and disposition of resources, including evaluation, selection, purchasing, processing, storing, and deselection.
- Annotated Bibliography on Appraisal and Selection of Digital Data demonstrated my knowledge of the concepts of appraisal and selection methods
ALA 7B: The principles related to the teaching and learning of concepts, processes and skills used in seeking, evaluating, and using recorded knowledge and information.
- Research Data Management Workshop for Librarians at UTK Libraries demonstrates my commitment to continuing education and teaching ability
- Dublin Core Presentation for IS565 demonstrated by ability to educate others on important metadata standards.
ACRL Information Literacy Standards
- Discussion of Information Literacy core concept demonstrates my understanding of the importance and application of the issue
- Information Literacy class for UTK civil engineering students demonstrates my experience teaching general information literacy to students
- Discussions of data information literacy for researchers
- Data Management Education: A Report from CURATECamp demonstrates my commitment to teaching data information literacy to students at my institution.
- Data Management Education: A Second Look demonstrates my commitment to teaching data information literacy to students at my institution.